265 Main St. • Savannah, TN 38372 • (731) 607-2753
Built circa 1830, the Cherry Mansion was built by David Robinson and presented as a wedding gift to his daughter and son-in-law, W. H. Cherry.
Located on the banks of the beautiful Tennessee River, the home served as headquarters for General U. S. Grant in the spring of 1862. Grant’s breakfast was interrupted by couriers with news that the Battle of Shiloh had begun.
The monument marking Grant's headquarters is located two blocks east. Tours are offered by appointment. Please call for reservations. Admission charged.